Avant Assessment on Clever
For School personnel who are administering, proctoring,
and preparing students for testing
Testing and Proctoring Resources
Avant Assessment’s online language proficiency tests must be taken in a proctored environment, with an educator who is authorized by the organization sponsoring the test. To protect the integrity and security of our tests, the proctor cannot be a parent or guardian.
The Testing Coordinator serves as the primary point of contact and overall coordinator for Avant STAMP testing. Responsibilities include:
Before the Test Begins
1. Ensure classes are assigned tests in Clever (refer to the Clever Test Set Up Page for more details).
2. Have test takers take a STAMP Sample Test to familiarize test takers with the layout of the test and confirm the following:
- Technology is configured properly and a supported browser is being used (review the Technology Guide if necessary).
- Students can record and playback their Speaking test response.
- Students can type their Writing test response in the language being tested using appropriate characters. Refer to our Writing Input Guide to see which languages require special keyboards.
3. Review the following Guides: