Hebrew STAMP Reporting Guide
Important Update to the Scoring Criteria
Effective November 1, 2021, Avant’s scoring criteria that is used to evaluate test taker writing and speaking responses has been updated. These changes will not apply retroactively.
Based on user feedback and requests to have more detailed information about individual Writing and Speaking responses, Avant has updated its rating process and results reports. Starting November 1, 2021, Avant’s STAMP rubric will be updated with three new features:
Updated Not Ratable (NR) Status
IMPORTANT: These changes will not apply retroactively. Status Not Ratable (NR) for Writing and Speaking sections completed before November 1, 2021 will have one of the following reasons:
- Non-target language – The response is not in the target language.
- Off-topic – The response does not relate to the item topic.
- Violent/Profane – The response includes violent or inappropriate language.
- No speaking – A Speaking response was submitted, but has only background noise or is not understandable.
New Level Zero (0) Score
Writing or Speaking responses will receive a zero (0) score for one of the following reasons, which will be displayed on the report:
- Non-Target Language
- Profane Language
- Violent Language
- Only One Target Language (TL) Word
- Off Topic Response
- Describing the Picture
- Translating the Prompt
- Suspected Cheating (use of unapproved resources, etc…)
Level Zero (0) scores for Writing and Speaking responses will count toward the section score and will lower the overall composite score. Level Zero (0) scores cannot be reset. A test taker can retake the entire assessment after 90 days of starting the original test. Please refer to Avant’s Test Retake and Reset Policy.
Note: STAMP 4Se will hav