Avant’s Test Reset and Retake Policy
Avant's Test Reset and Retake Policy
This policy follows best practices in high-stakes testing (seal of biliteracy, credit by exam, etc.) to protect the validity of our assessments and the meaning of the results. The following policy describes the criteria and procedures for requesting any Avant STAMP test reset or section retake. Avant’s approval shall be required on all requests for resets and retakes.
- Each Avant STAMP test must be completed within 90 days of the start date.
- Resets and retakes are not allowed after 90 days of starting the test. Resets and section retakes must be requested and completed within 90 days of starting the test.
- Test takers must take a new test after 90 days from the start of the previous test.
Terms and Conditions
|Terms and Conditions||Test Section Reset||Single Test Section Retake|
|Test resets and retakes may be granted under these circumstances:||WHEN there is a technology problem that causes:
||WHEN one skill/domain is lower than the required level needed for one of the following purposes:
|Timeframe||Test secton resets must be requested and completed within 90 days of starting the test.||Test section retakes must be requested and completed within 90 days of starting the test.|
|Fees||There is no charge for resets.||
Only one test section retake per test is allowed:
How to Request a Test Section Reset or Retake
IMPORTANT: Resetting a test section will delete any information that has been entered in that section.
For individuals testing through a school or institution:
Contact your Testing Coordinator or Administrator.
For Testing Coordinators/Administrators:
- Access the Results Report via the Avant Login Page using the Test Code and Password provided by Avant Assessment.
- Download the Results Summary using the Test Taker Data download feature.
- Highlight the specific Login Names and sections. This report allows our Support Team to see the test taker’s Test Code, Login Name, and a section to be reset or retaken.
- Email your spreadsheet (Excel file) to and you will receive a confirmation email when the resets have been completed.
Reducing or Eliminating the Need for Test Section Resets and Retakes
- Motivation and proper expectations are essential to reducing the need for test section retakes, especially in the Writing and Speaking areas where test takers are required to produce their own language responses. We provide online resource guides and tutorials to help the test takers understand the expectations ahead of time. These resources can be found under the Test Taker Guides of the Avant STAMP tests.
- Proper Technology Setup is also essential for reducing the need for test section resets. We provide online resource guides and tutorials to help with this process. Ensure that the Assessment Technology Guide is provided to the appropriate person/people at your organization prior to testing. These resources can be found under the User Guides of the STAMP tests.
Qualifying Scores to Earn a State or Global Seal of Biliteracy:
* Policy subject to change.
Updated April 2023