The Testing Coordinator serves as the primary point of contact and overall coordinator for Avant STAMP testing. Responsibilities include:
- Work with Avant representatives to outline your testing groups and testing windows.
- Distribute Test Codes and Passwords to teachers/proctors.
- Determine how your organization will use the Login Name field (a required field on the Login Page) and provide instruction to Teachers and Proctors.
- Login Name refers to an identifier to be used by your organization. Every test taker must have a unique Login Name. The test taker will need to remember their Login Name to resume an “IN PROGRESS” test.
- Be familiar with the available Avant STAMP user guides including the Avant Assessment Technology Guide.
- Ensure readiness by working with a Technology Representative.
- Check with your Technology Representative to determine if sufficient bandwidth is available for the size of your testing groups.
- Let the Technology Representative know which, if any, character-based languages and keyboard styles need to be activated on the computers that will be used for the Writing section of the test.
- Laptops in classrooms may be used for testing if lab time is unavailable.
- Test takers can take the test in the same room. We suggest using headphones/microphones for the Listening and Speaking sections so the ambient sounds are not distracting.
- Ensure that test takers have enough time to complete the assessment. Each Avant STAMP test must be completed within 90 days of the start date. Resets and retakes are not allowed after 90 days of starting the test.
- We highly recommend scheduling make-up exams and test completion time for test takers who may need more time than anticipated. See Testing Accommodations for more information.
- Avant will make every attempt to notify users of upcoming scheduled maintenance or other known interruptions to service.
The Technology Representative ensures that computers used for testing meet the technical requirements and have the necessary tools for testing. Responsibilities include:
If a teacher/student/classroom relationship exists, teachers can learn about the test and help test takers do their best by completing the following tasks:
Avant Support Representative
- Provide training and documentation for Avant STAMP Testing Coordinators, Technology Representatives, Teachers, Proctors and Test Takers.
- Provide email and phone support to Testing Coordinators, Technology Representatives, Teachers and Proctors.