Student Guide for Testing
Avant Assessment on Clever
During the Test
Rules for Taking Test
Avant Assessment’s online language proficiency tests must be taken in a proctored environment, with an educator who is authorized by the organization sponsoring the test. To protect the integrity and security of our tests, the proctor cannot be a parent or guardian.
- No dictionaries, textbooks, cell phones, paper, pens, or other support materials are allowed in the testing area during the test.
- The only time test takers should have access to pens or pencils is if the Writing section is being administered as handwritten.
- No additional applications (e.g., Word, email, chat) or browser windows are allowed to be open during testing.
- Avant raters review all written and spoken responses and any inappropriate responses (vulgar, violent, etc.) will not be scored and will be reported to your school’s test administrator.
- Do not take or use notes of any kind for any portion of the test, including the speaking section.
- Confirm your organization’s course of action regarding academic dishonesty